of barakah

Assalamualaikum.

This is a post that I want to dedicate to myself and it's a 100% reminder for myself only.

So here it is.

Last semester (my 3rd sem of bachellor in optometry), was the hardest semester compared to the first and second semesters. We started to have clinical subjects where we have to learn how to take clinical history, and do the preliminary test. For beginners in optometry field, it was hard to get an accurate results especially using the retinoscope. My lecturers said that the skill will develop in time. Okay.

And then there was this subject, ophtalmic optics taught by a lecturer from India. He was a very good lecturer indeed, but most of our problem especially for the Malays was his english slang. and the subject was hard to be understood too. It's not until the mid of semester that we could get that, the subject was practically about lenses. Sounds simple, but really it involves lots of calculations, theory and memorizing the lens materials, types of bifocals, multifocals bla bla bla. We were so afraid that we're gonna fail the subject that one of my friends borrowed a book from the lecturer and I volunteered to photostat the book for everyone in the class. 

After midterm exam, something happened to our family that made me so worried to let my father be alone at home. So I went back to KL twice a week. First during the weekends, and the middle of the week where my class schedule was actually packed, but Alhamdulillah I managed to find time in between to go back and accompany my father. Truth to be told, with tons of lab reports to do, I did'nt have much time to sit down and focus on studying and revising the topics that I dont understand in class. Let alone to have a study group. I used my time mostly at home doing the house chores, then at the college going to class, doing the lab reports, and I went to sleep early every night as my days were always hectic.

Honestly, when the final exam was near in the corner, I called my father and cried. I was scared that I can't do well in the clinical exam. If I fail the clinical exam, I will have to repeat the exam and it will affect my carry marks and the probability for me to get an A for that subject is low. And I had not study as much as I did in the first and second semesters. I was so worried that I couldn't maintain my gpa more than 3.5. If my pointer drops, I can't apply for the president's scholarship. First, my father laughed at me -_-! And then he told me not to panic and I have to have confidence in myself. True.

And then a week after the final exam has finished, I was so happy to know that I passed the clinical exam. I felt relieved. Then, the results came out a month later and I was overjoyed upon getting the unexpected result. Alhamdulillah my GPA was 3.81. The highest gpa i've ever gotten so far.

So my reminder for myself is:

I remember a friend of mine told me when we were discussing how are we going to survive financially in Malaysia when we start working as everything is overpriced now. The house, the car, and if we were to start a family, our children's formula milk, pampers, everything. Our starting salary would be so little to be paying all of those. We were so worried at first until she said, it's okay. No matter how little our salary is going to be, but if the source of money we get is halalan tayyiba, insyaAllah Allah will put some berkah in it and insyaAllah it will be enough to pay for everything. Even if we have lots of money but if there's no berkah in it, the money can never be enough for us to use for our basic needs.

Perhaps Allah has put some berkah in my little time that I used to study and practicing the clinical skills. With so little effort that I put, I don't think that I can make it if it's not for His help. This all came from Him. If it wasn't for Allah, I could never get that high of a GPA. It's just a GPA, I know. But it made me understand more about how getting berkah from Allah is so much more important than anything else. Allah gave me a good result to remind me that He is the one who helped me get through it. And Alhamdulillah I couldn't be more thankful for that reminder. :') How did I get the barakah? I'm pretty sure that I get it from helping my father, for making my father happy. Which also means, how important it is to please Allah by making my parents happy. 

So dearest self, please remember that looking for Allah's barakah is on the top of the list in no matter what you do. Please do not let yourself be strayed from Him and keep on trying to be a good Muslim and keep trying to be your parent's good daughter and make them happy. InsyaAllah, let's pray that our live in dunya will be blessed and we get to get through the resurrection day happily. Amin.

Comments

  1. inspiring ells. subhanallah! congratulations on your awesome result, and for being there for your dad, never failing to do both things at the same time.

    kalau kau tgk balik, who you were before, just put yourself 5 years back, and where you are now. subhanallah. macam mana Allah ubah kau for the better. subhanallah.

    im so happy for you, really I am! :) may Allah continuously bless you with barakah in everything you do insya Allah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u kak yang. may Allah bless both of us with barakah insyaAllah. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts