the kite runner

So here comes my second book review. The book that I read last month was the kite runner by Khaled hosseini. Bought it at popular bookstore only for rm12 and it is a completely worth it bargain!


This novel is about friendship and betrayal. The main characters are two kids, Amir and Hassan who have grown up together in the background of Kabul, Afghanistan around 1970’s where there are discrimination of races. The hazara’s people who were made servants by the superior pahstuns are considered low castes. The description about the hazaras was that they are flat-nosed, and have slanted eyes like Chinese. In this story, Hassan was the son of the hazara servant and Amir was the son of a wealthy Pashtun man but they however, unlike the other Pashtuns who discriminate hazara, were very closed to each other and Hassan was super loyal to Amir.

I don’t want to go into details about the book because firstly, if I’m going to do that I will have to write a hundred of pages (and I don’t have time for that ngehhh) and secondly, I don’t want to spoil the climax. You know the best thing about reading a very good novel is the feeling of looking forward to read the next pages and the curiosity to know what is the next plot. It makes u get much steeped into it as if you are one of the characters in the story. Your surrounding didn’t exist at the moment anymore because it brings you into your own fantasy world, leaving the real world behind and what you hear is only the voices at the back of your head reading every single line in every single page until the very end of the word on the last page of the book. Then is only when you started to feel tired, hungry and sleepy. Kih3.

But what I can say about the kite runner is, what happened to their friendship and brotherhood was devastating that I cried like a baby! And also, there’s always a way to redeem every mistakes we did. This book is a must read and it’s something that you have to experience reading yourself. For me, this book is different because not only it introduced the elements of friendship, love and family conflicts but it introduced them in a war background in Afghanistan which was under attacked by the Russian Souviettes and later the Taliban. It’s something new for me as my common novel genre was always chick flicks. :P well compliments for the author, Khaled Hosseini!

Comments

Popular Posts