criticism


Here, I have some questions to ask. How do you guys feel when someone criticizes the way you dressed up? And how will you react? For an example, “hey, why are you wearing that green shirt with purple cardigan? It does not match. Wear it with white shirt la”. For me, I will be like, hello? Suka hati aku la nak pakai cardigan ni dengan baju warna apa. Plus, the purple and white colour combination is boring even though they do match. But people nowadays do not wear too matching colours right? You’ll look plain. I hate it when people condemn my dress up. I mean, I’d rather listen to some kind of opinion rather than criticisms. For an example, “I think you are wearing too much colour. Maybe you should tone down a little bit”. I will be like, “oh! Really? Okay.” But if someone criticize me, I will quietly say *sbb xberani ckp kuat2 nanti terasa plak, pastu nt ckp kte ni mulut laser plak*, “what, jealous much?”.

Or, in other cases, some people just annoyingly criticize my look. And by annoying I mean, they made this annoying ‘you-are-weird’ facial expression and say,

“OMG! Your nose is big and it is slanted”.

“eiii! You look so weird and scary when you wear those high heels. You are so freaking tall la. What do you need the high heels for?”

They made me feel extremely ugly and weird. I mean, come on! Yes, I know… I have big and slanted nose, scars are all over my eyelids, my lips are not symmetric and so my jaw and I have big mouth and flat foot and I am too tall! But what can I do about it, guys? Tell me? I was born with all the defects. I never asked for it. I had never once felt bad about it because I am still grateful that I am still living and I still can live a normal life. Why are you guys acting like it is something so weird? . I know you guys have no bad intention. You are just trying to speak your mind, but sometimes you should think about other people’s feeling too, right?  I know that I have no beautiful and perfect features like most of people do. But please do not act like that. I did not feel anything at first; in fact I thought it was funny too. But when people keep doing it over and over again, IT DOES HURT MY FEELING. I feel like crying. Please do not overdo it. I already know my defects and you do not have to remind me every time you are talking to me.

Hehe. I know this post is a bit emotional. But I am not angry yeah. I am just a bit sad and I am writing it just to express my feelings. That’s all. I have no other reasons. I did not mean to hurt anyone’s feeling here. But, if anyone does, I want to apologize for hurting your feeling. Accept my apology will you? :)

Comments

Popular Posts